Monday, February 11, 2008

Book Meme

Last week, Mrs. Mecomber, of New York Renovator, tagged me for a book meme. It has taken me a little while to get around to it, but here it goes. The instructions are as follows:

Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people.

Like my tagger, I too have my favorite Bible nearby--a slimline NIV New Testament given to me as a graduation present with my name embossed in gold on the front. It meant so much to me to receive it from the church I used to attend.
Luke 8:46-47
"But Jesus said, 'Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.'
Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at His feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched Him and how she had been instantly healed."
I suppose only someone who has been healed of a life-long affliction can truly know the depth of her thankfulness, but my eyes tear up to imagine her measureless joy!

Ok, now who to tag...um, I have to admit that I don't visit many blogs, but I enjoy
Life In a Shoe
and
Smockity Frocks

Hope you'll corral yerselves a book and join in! :)

1 comment: