Thursday, June 28, 2007

Great catfish, Batman! I've been tagged!

Wow! I have been tagged by New York Traveler for a blog game! Here are the rules:

1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
The above rules need to be posted.

Ok, lemme see.....um

1. Well, to start off with, thanks to my youngest son I am an avid Roy Rogers fan! I would decorate my whole house with Roy Rogers stuff if I had the money! I sometimes wish I had found out about Roy Rogers before his death because I would have loved to have met him and Dale Evans Rogers.

2. I grew up in a huge family by today's standards and because of it I learned to eat fast! To this day, I usually am done before the rest of my family...well, except for DS17!

3. I married my husband a week after our first "date" and have enjoyed 13+ years of marriage with him and our 5+ children! Actually, I married him because GOD chose him for me! How about that for match making?!!

4. If I had the chance, I would take a road trip across the country in a heartbeat. The first place I would go is the Roy Rogers Museum in Branson, MO, then Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum also in MO. From there the list is endless! Dream, dream...

5. I enlisted in the Air Force in my high school senior year. I had taken the written and physical exams and had my departure date all set. Realizing that God had a different path for my life, I actually convinced the recruiter to dismiss my enlistment! I look back on that now with some relief as I am sure that my life would have been WAAAAAAAAYYYY different..and I mean that in the "not so good" sense.

6. When I was 14, I decided to go sledding down a VERY icy hill. My mother had warned me not to go down that hill. Oh, if only I had listened to her! I hit a sapling stump which sent me hurdling through the air to land on a railroad tie..right on my backside. I tore the muscle, exposing my sciatic nerve and was in agony for days. The ER doctor was hopeful that it would heal on its own. Never did, and I still suffer from it on an almost daily basis. The moral: LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!!! :-S

7. I attended 7 different schools and somehow managed to graduate with my class. That was rough though. It is certainly a motivating factor for homeschooling my own children.

8. For a "country gal" I really enjoy tech toys! I enjoy figuring out how they work, and finding ways to use their full potential!

Tagging the following:

Jules Everyday Mommy

Dana Rare and Beautiful Treasures

Rebekah Sweet Tea With Lemon

Elizabeth The Whole Family

Bunny Trails Bunny Trails

And because I have a house full of wonderfully active sons, I MUST GO NOW!!!!










No comments: